Job Retention Scheme Guidance and Marketing Campaign
Cabinet Office Latest Feedback: Update to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme guidance
“Thank you for your continued support. and feedback on the guidance on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which can be found at the links below.
As of yesterday, we have provided further clarifications on some of the queries that we have received, including:
- Confirmation of what should form the basis for furlough pay for employees furloughed on return from (maternity/paternity/shared parental/adoption/sick/parental bereavement) leave;
- Confirming employees subject to TUPE transfer/ business reorganisation/ payroll consolidation can be furloughed
- Confirming position for contractors in scope of IR35 in the public sector
- More information on what information employers need to claim the grant
- Clarifying circumstances where an employee shouldn’t be furloughed by multiple employers”
The cabinet office continues to welcome feedback. Please send any queries or feedback from yourselves directly to me and I can forward on the enquiry direct to my cabinet office contact.
I’m running a marketing campaign on the Discover Penrith social media channels with the aim of keeping the community connected with our local shops and businesses. At present, this is focussed on businesses who are open for business, be that virtually, via local delivery networks, or key services which still have premises open.
Going forward, Vicki from Eden Graphics has again given me access to the pen and ink drawings used for the Independent Shops Guide, so I’ll be using these as the hook to create stories to reconnect with the community as the restrictions are lifted.
Over the last month we’ve had a reach of 35k on Facebook and 22,500 post engagements. I can tell by reaction times that people are at home waiting for content to land in their feed! If you would like me to promote your business on our channels, or if you have a story you would like me to share, then please get in touch.
I’m happy to share content – just let me know when you’ve got something you want me to share either by tagging @Discover Penrith in the post, or by dropping me a message.
Also, don’t forget all levy payers have a FREE webpage on www.discoverpenrith.co.uk – if you need help updating your page then just get in touch.
Please get in touch if you need help from your BID – we will get through this together.