Covid-19 Update 30.03.2020
Please find below the latest updates regarding to the Covid-19 crisis and business support. Apologies that this is lengthy. As usual, all information is available at https://penrithbid.co.uk/latest-advice-on-covid-19/
Small Business or Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
Businesses are now being asked to complete an online form by EDC. In order to make this process as efficient as possible the Council is asking businesses who think they may be eligible for the funding to submit the details that government have requested, so that we can process your application and make payments as quickly as possible if you are eligible.
The online form is here: https://selfservice.eden.gov.uk/renderform.aspx?t=262&k=964D769EF15050F36DBB9C96DDC7C74C27677BE9
Job Retention Scheme / Furloughed workers
Further guidance on Job Retention Scheme with specific reference to National Insurance and pension contributions for furloughed workers.
Latest government information on business closures now includes holiday rentals:
Information on business rate holidays and business support grants can be found on Eden District Council’s website: https://www.eden.gov.uk/business-and-trade/business-rates/covid-19-support-for-businesses/
Below I have included an update from Cumbria LEP, which includes a plea for help from businesses. Please do take a read and see if you might be able to assist with PPE etc.
If there is any information that you feel you need but at present you don’t have access to, then please let me know and I’ll do my very best to try and help.
Stay safe and well
Update from Cumbria LEP
- CLEP Resource and Information Page: Click here
- Sign up to the BEIS Daily Coronavirus Business and Employers Bulletin for up to date information: click here. (see below for 26 March edition)
- Government Business Support Website: Click here
- Official Job Retention Scheme Guidance Announced: Guidance for employers: Click here. Guidance for employees: Click here.
- The Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) will support self-employed individuals (including members of partnerships) whose income has been negatively impacted by COVID-19: Click here
- Rules on carrying over annual leave to be relaxed to support key industries during COVID-19: Click here
Can you help?
- To donate unused PPE to our frontline services please fill out this form. Click here for more information. A big thank you to all our businesses who have already come forward.
- Oxley Group and BAE Systems are developing prototypes for face mask production. If you can help in manufacturing please contact Jayne Moorby direct: J.Moorby@oxleygroup.com
- The Surgical MIC has launched a MedTech PPE challenge. See below.
- To support the production and supply of ventilators and ventilator components please register your business details here.
- The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) is looking for rapid sanitising technology to speed up the time it takes to clean ambulances. Click here.
- HMRC confirms manufacturers of hand sanitisers and gels will have their applications for denatured alcohol fast-tracked during the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here.
- Can your business help in any other way? If so please get in touch: email@example.com
Funding and support:
- The Business Enterprise Fund commits to spending in the North West to support SMEs: click here
- Community Foundation launches Cumbria COVID-19 Response Fund: click here