Tour of Britain comes to Penrith
On 10th September the Tour of Britain comes to Penrith.
Whilst the cyclists will flash past in the blink of an eye, Tour fans will come to town for the day. The second Sprint of the day takes place in Penrith and Mark Cavendish – greatest sprinter of all time – will be in the race. Given his recent success at the Tour de France, fans are sure to show up to see the Manx Missile in action.
Penrith is sure to feature on the TV coverage and we’d love the town to look as good as possible. A number of businesses have already said they’ll be putting bikes out or decorating their business with bunting. If you’d like to join in, there are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Main colours for the Tour are the yellow of the leader’s jersey and the Green (Go Cav!) of the Sprints jersey.
- The Tour of Britain has produced as really helpful business guide: https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.
cloudfront.net/tour-britain/ wp-content/uploads/2020/11/ 23092005/ToB-2021-Community- Initiatives-Web.pdf
- Bike-themed cakes, shop windows, seating will go down a treat
- A ‘wear yellow’ approach to staff uniform gets people in the mood
- Details on the Stage route are here:- https://www.tourofbritain.co.
We’d love to know what you’ve got planned and to share the excitement on social media. Send us your ideas and pics as you get your business ready for the arrival of the Tour and we’ll share them to social media. It will be great if we can get the whole town turning yellow and green! The local press will also want interviews, so let me know if you’re happy for me to give your number out to journalists.